Barry Platte ParkManaged by Platte County Parks & Recreation
Nestled in the established neighborhoods of Barry Road is a park jewel, Barry Platte Park. The park is host to a number of sports activities year-round including baseball, softball, soccer and volleyball. Some favorite family amenities of the park include shelter house gatherings, barbecuing, walking the trail, having fun on the three playgrounds and relaxing in the gazebo.
- The Main Park is located 3 blocks north of Barry Road on NW Old Stagecoach Road.
- The Annex Park is located nearby on the corner of N Marston and NW 86th Terrace.
- The ball field and two shelter houses are available to the public for reservations.
- The main shelter has electric and water available.
- The ball field has an electrical outlet for pitching machines.
- Playground equipment and sand volleyball courts are also popular at the Main Park.
- The sand volleyball court is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Annex park on Marston also has playground equipment suited for younger children from 3 – 5 years of age.
Barry Platte Park Community Garden
Barry Platte Community Garden is where visitors are welcome to plant, maintain and harvest. The garden's harvest provides for the local community surrounding the garden. Garden work days are Tuesdays at 7pm during the growing season.
Community is a shared experience and dedicated volunteers are invaluable to the parks. Platte County Parks appreciates all volunteer efforts! Volunteering is not limited to the community garden. We have many programs and events throughout the year, whether it be dogs, fishing, kayaking or art, we have something for everyone. You are sure to find something that sparks and interest. Share with us your talents, skills and passions. We welcome any and all volunteer ideas.
8526 NW Old Stagecoach Road
Kansas City, MO 64151